Friday 28 June 2013

Update~ ^^


A super cute kitty to brighten up my day~ =w=
- – - – - - – - – - – - – - ♥ - – - – - – - – - - – - – -

Once again sitting at Starbucks... just chilling, taking a bit of time for myself :) Despite what I said in an earlier post, I've currently more or less discontinued my internship; given that I haven't gotten my licence to practice yet, the stuff that I've been doing (drafting contracts/ drafting pleadings/ drafting affidavits/ etc) can be construed as unqualified practice under the Law Institute of Victoria Ethical Guidelines =.= Don't really feel like getting into trouble for doing what I'm told, but my boss said I could come back for my practical placement towards the end of the course, so that's pretty awesome~ :) and given that I'll be starting my Practical Training Course at Leo Cussens in July, I think i'll just take it easy for the next few weeks :) 

Hopefully that won't mean being at home all the time... really, I find it more stressful being at home than being anywhere else because my parents -- being super traditional Asians -- are always on my back about one thing or another. Sometimes I just want to sit and do my own thing; blog, read/ write my novels, play some video games (Dishonored is SO. FRICKING.AWESOME!!!), watch tv, etcetc, but I can never really do these things at home. As a result, I end up spending a small fortune on coffee and public transport because Starbucks has pretty much become my second home =/

...And then my parents complain about that... =.=

Anyhoo, on the bright side, I actually managed to get a lot of writing done the other day (by which I mean I got about half a page done :P). My plot is slowly coming together and I'm actually largely happy with the stuff that i'm writing now. I think this largely has to do with the writing course that I did earlier this year with Lilliane Grace. Basically, in 'busting the talent myth', she taught us that the only thing that really prevents anyone from writing well (you know, aside from actually having a good grasp of English...) is our inner critic. And the only thing that can help us to deal with that critic is an attitude of trust and acceptance.

I've since found that this outlook is applicable to life in general, and it has certainly helped me go after what I want, both professionally and in my personal life. In terms of writing, I'm finding that I have more confidence in my ability to write something decent because I'm not always thinking "well that sounds stupid".  Oh, that reminds me! I got Derick to read over some of my story the other day and after perusing the prologue, he was like "...this sounds familiar..." then proceeded to give me a synopsis of my own writing from when he read it three years ago :P (Yes, this has been a masively long work in progress :P)

The funny thing is that I don't actually remember sending him my story, but I was really touched that he actually remembered everything so clearly ^^ And that's just another example of why I like him; I can't think of an exact English equivalent, but in Chinese I would describe him as "细心" (?? xi xin?? - cannot chinese :P) which I guess is a combination of attentive/ thoughtful/ considerate :)

Anyway, on that topic, I went clothes shopping with Scott the other day~ ^^ We were all supposed to meet up in the city at 1:30 after Scott's exam but Derick and I both slept in so we ended up meeting up at about 3 for lunch :P It was a pretty good day, not in the least because I got to watch in amazement as Scott wolfed down TWO Simply Grill'd burgers, PLUS chips, PLUS a large Mango Magic Boost Juice :P Anyway, we ended up going to Jay Jays where Scoot bought a couple of t-shirts, a shirt and a hoodie-shirt~ ^^ They all looked really good, so I think that despite the time constraints, we did pretty well for ourselves :P Although I actually think that Derick was a lot more helpful than I was... =/ Which really just makes me wonder...

IS IT THAT HE'S REALLY GIRLY OR THAT I'M NOT GIRLY ENOUGH?!?!?!?! ;A;

Anyway, in the end, I also bought a couple of skirts, a pair of shorts and a t-shirt~ ^^ Probably the most random of all were Derick's purchases... a Mickey Mouse cap (which I picked out~ :D *proud*), random badges and a super cute panda pluggy that lights up when his phone rings (also me~ :P *pride x2*)~ :3

Derick with his hat~ :D
He looks like he's about to go beat up someone =.=
THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU REFUSE TO SMILE AT THE CAMERAAA~
Nail art with the Natio nail polish that I got in my June Bellabox~ ^^
(Shade: 'Valentine')
Later, we met up with Seb for coffee which was great~ ^^ It had been a while since he and I had been able to have a good old fashioned bitch session without having to worry about social niceties so it was really good to be able to talk openly with him instead of having him act as a mediator between me and my other equally opinionated friends =.= In any case, it's really good to know that we're all on the same page now~ ^^ and as usual, Seb gave his opinion in his fabulously bitchy way~ :P

Probably the only bad thing that has happened in the last week or so is that I burned my hand at Starbucks :( My cup of green tea essentially exploded and scalding hot water managed to soak through my glove. Apparently Starbucks doesn't have anything to make into a makeshift ice pack (i don't believe it for a second, stingy bastards... and if they really don't then... really?? OHS people!!! >.<) so I had to hightail to the pharmacy to get some burn cream =.= It's slowly getting better now, although I still have it bandaged up.............

...............and it makes me feel like a ninja~ >:D

Anyway, this seems like a good place to leave off for now :)

Once again, I've unfortunately been too busy to test out many of the beauty samples from my Bellabox, Violet Box or Lust Have It box... although what I have tried (Natio nail polish in 'Valentine', Street Star (?) lipgloss in 'Transparent Baby Pink' [this sample was expired but I tried it before I realised, lol~], and the Seacret Body Lotion in 'Ocean Mist'), I've been quite happy with :)

I have, however,unsubscribed from Lust Have It. I had my doubts about the quality of their boxes earlier in the year, but after seeing their great January 2013 box, I decided to give them a go. I have since been more often disappointed with their boxes than I have been happy, especiall last month's box which, aside from being incredibly empty, just looked like a bunch of left overs =/

I'm still looking forward to receiving my Bellabox every month though~ ^^ and, as I haven't made up my mind about them yet, I can't wait to see how Violet Box fares in their second month :)


A notebook that I made for Derick~ :D may have gone overboard with the aging/ antiquing~ ^^;

And a seal for the finishing touch~ ^^
........ I WANNA KEEP IT NOW~!!! ;A;
- – - – - - – - – - – - – - ♥ - – - – - – - – - - – - – -

1 comment:

  1. Hya Tali, I loved reading about what you have been up too lately. Hope everything goes well for you. When my Mum and I went to Europe in 2005 we tried to visit Starbucks in every country we visitied lol.

    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete