Tuesday 18 June 2013

~ Update ~

"hmmmm... I should get up... but this rug is so fruffy..."
hehe~ the look on this kitty's face sums up my feelings so well~ ♥

So in my last post I mentioned that I had landed a few Legal Studies tutoring gigs... ultimately these fell through pretty badly (one because of sudden changes in my schedule and then the parents being super rude when I approached them about changing class times, the other because the student was incredibly slack and made any excuse to skip his classes) =.= it's so difficult trying to tutor kids who don't really care about their studies.  In any case, I'm not particularly broken up about losing those jobs, especially the one with the rude parents; tutoring jobs come and go, but ultimately I have my own career which I need to be focusing on and if parents can't understand that, and more over, are going to be incredibly rude about it (to the point of being verbally abusive and calling me 'naive', 'manipulative' and 'dishonest')... well...

I don't have to deal with that! >.<

On a happier note, other aspects of my life are going pretty swimmingly~ ^^ I started an internship at a law firm a few weeks ago which I'm pretty pleased about.  Even though it's unpaid, it's pretty good for the experience~ ^^ So far, I've been drafting pleadings, affidavits and contracts so there's definitely a good amount of hands-on stuff~ I'm really happy that I'm actually able to put to practice some the stuff that I learned during my degree, especially in Civil Procedure~ ^^  I put in a lot of work for that unit when I was studying it but the outcome wasn't as great as I had hoped (I got a Credit T^T) so it's really, really rewarding now to have a barrister who has had about 40 years of experience praising my work and telling others to base their work off mine~ ^^

Hopefully this internship will open some doors for me in the long run~ I should probably be less slack about going into the office tho :P tbh, I find the idea of being in an office to be mighty depressing.  It's okay when I'm already there because I get pretty caught up in my work and sort of power through without a care for my surroundings, but when it comes to dragging myself into the office, I usually end up finding myself at Starbucks instead because I love the (pretentious?! XD) atmosphere and I actually get a lot of work done~ ^^  Anyhoo, I should probably just buckle down and show up more often :P FOR MY FUTURE~!!! *war cry*

In other news, things with Derick are going really well~ ^^ I've always said that he's the nicest, most genuine guy I know and that still holds true.  He is so incredibly sweet and even when he's being incredibly frustrating, I never for a moment doubt his intentions.
He has his lazy moments, but when he puts his mind to things, he is also incredibly focused and determined which I find to be quite endearing.
There are those times where the conversation lapses and neither of us are sure of what to say.  I was quite worried about that to begin with, but as he said to me "topics come at go, but that doesn't affect how we feel about each other" and we're together for those moments where we go to have dinner at Yoyogi and spend the next three hours wrapped up in a wonderful conversation about video games -- to the chagrin of the staff -- and end up forgetting about dessert~ :P
Happily, those moments aren't too far or few in between~ ^^

Obviously it's still much too early to be counting chickens, but at this point in time, I'm fairly confident in how I feel about him.  It seems like over the last few years we've been going around in circles -- whether it be because of poor decisions on both our parts or, more often than not, simply poor timing of circumstances -- we've disappeared from each other's lives time and again, and it's been one hell of a ride to get to where we are right now.  I think, though, that things can only look up from here~ ^^

- – - – - - – - – - – - – - ♥ - – - – - – - – - - – - – -

1 comment:

  1. Your little kitty kat is soooo cute!!

    Jac x0x

    matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au
    hair care giveaway on my blog

    ReplyDelete